The Canadian American Club has its roots in Boston politics of the 1930's. In 1937, when James Michael Curley was mayor of Boston, many felt that Canadian-Americans would also soon advance politically , and the Canadian-American League was chartered. Over time, it evolved into a social and charitable organization and became one of the most prominent and active clubs in New England. During World War ll, however, the organization nearly ceased to exist. In 1950 a small group of the League's original members came together to reestablish
the Canadian American Club. According to its new bylaws, the Club's purpose was, in part, "to promote social intercourse, educational, and charitable enterprises among the members of the Club."
In June 1969 the Club purchased its present meeting hall at 202 Arlington Street. Over the years, the Club has drawn its strength from generations of kind and generous members, who have given back to the local community and to the people of Canada in countless ways-from aiding victims of the Springhill mine disaster to raising money for The One Fund and Fort McMurray. The Canadian American Club celebrates Canadian culture in all its diversity and particularly fosters the distinctive Gaelic traditional music and dance of the Maritimes.
Countless master fiddlers have performed here over the years- John Cambell, Joe Cormier, Jerry Holland, Buddy MacMaster, Ashley Maclsaac, Andrea Beaton, Kimberly Fraser, Doug Lamey, Ludger LeFort, Troy MacGillivary, Richad Wood, and many more. The Club holds weekly dances, jam session nights, dinner dances, concerts, and many other events throughout the year and welcomes others to use its hall.